Louisville Drug Addiction Medications & Therapy Mean a Better Life Lies Ahead
You don’t have to fight addiction by yourself. More often than not, trying to quit on your own leads you deeper into a cycle of addiction and despair. Renew Recovery offers you a different approach. Using drug addiction medications like Suboxone and therapy in Louisville, our outpatient treatment program can help you:
- Renew your sense of purpose in life.
- Keep your job and relieve anxiety over unemployment.
- Maintain hope that today will be better than yesterday and tomorrow will be better than today.
- Heal and restore relationships with your loved ones.
- Form healthy new friendships in a supportive environment.
You can succeed at recovery – we can help. Call our clinic today to paint a brighter future for yourself and those you love: 502-208-2944.
Medication Therapy Provides a Pathway to Long-Term Recovery Success
Many clients just need the support, guidance, and encouragement that regular counseling gives them. Other clients need help from special medications to progress through recovery. These medications include:
- Buprenorphine – Buprenorphine is a type of opioid but different from those typically abused. That’s because it doesn’t produce a high or feeling of euphoria. It can help prevent withdrawal symptoms and cravings for other opioids.
- Naloxone – When taken intravenously, naloxone quickly reverses the effects of opioids.
- Suboxone Sublingual Film – Suboxone combines buprenorphine and naloxone. When the film is used properly – under the tongue – naloxone is not absorbed by the body and has no effect. However, if it is abused (injected), naloxone will counteract the effect of buprenorphine and any other opioids in the body. This may cause severe withdrawal symptoms.
- Subutex Tablet – This medication is placed under the tongue, where it dissolves. Since it contains buprenorphine but not naloxone, it is generally used only during a client’s induction phase.
- Zubsolv Tablet – Like Suboxone Film, Zubsolv contains both buprenorphine and naloxone. It is also placed under the tongue.
- Vivitrol – This medication neutralizes the effects of opioids. It also helps reduce the desire to take opioids or use alcohol.
- Campral – We use Campral to treat alcohol dependence. It helps restore balance to neurotransmitters in the brain that alcohol abuse alters.
Our professional clinicians can use drug addiction medications and therapy in Louisville to help you stay on track toward healing and recovery. Call 502-208-2944 today to schedule your first appointment.