Drug Addiction Medications & Therapy in London, KY Assist in Your Recovery
Renew Recovery’s clinicians understand that when the right tools are used, addiction is a very treatable disease. Along with intensive counseling, our physicians may use specialty medications to make your recovery a reality. Drug addiction medications and therapy in London, KY can:
- Reduce your withdrawal symptoms and cravings to help prevent setbacks in your treatment.
- Make it possible to hold a job, stay in school, and keep in touch with your family during your recovery.
- Help you manage everyday life without drugs or alcohol.
- Give you renewed hope that your best days lie ahead.
We can help you heal from the hurt of addiction. Call us today to take the first step toward wellness: 606-802-7782. We are located at 2645 N. Laurel Rd., near the East Bernstadt Fire Department.
End Addiction With Medication-Assisted Recovery
Well-respected research has proved that the right medication can make withdrawal symptoms and cravings easier to manage during addiction treatment. Our clients benefit from the expertise of our DEA-certified physicians. We review each client’s situation and prescribe the proper medication if it will help them with their recovery.
The FDA has approved several medications to treat addiction. Below are some of the ones we use to help make recovery possible:
- Suboxone Sublingual Film – Suboxone combines buprenorphine (a type of opioid that reduces withdrawal symptoms but doesn’t cause a high) and naloxone (which reverses the effects of opioids). Naloxone is inactive when this film is placed under the tongue as prescribed. However, if it is abused by injecting it, naloxone will negate the effects of buprenorphine and any other opioids. This can cause significant withdrawal symptoms.
- Zubsolv Tablet – Similar to Suboxone Film, Zubsolv contains both buprenorphine and naloxone. The tablet is placed under the tongue to dissolve.
- Subutex Tablet – This sublingual (placed under the tongue) medication contains buprenorphine but not naloxone. So it is usually used only during a client’s induction phase.
- Vivitrol – Naltrexone, the primary component of Vivitrol, blocks the effects of opioids in the body. It can help reduce the desire to take opioids or consume alcohol.
- Campral – Campral is used to treat alcohol dependence. Its main component, acamprosate, helps restore the brain’s natural balance of neurotransmitters, which alcohol abuse disrupts.
Drug addiction medications and therapy in London, KY make it easier to get well and live addiction-free. Call 606-802-7782 today to begin treatment within 24 hours.